- English everyday for 2 hours
- Research everyday for 2 hours
Today’s new word
Viable. how do you end up with your university, 以什么结束.
But then they end up with self-contained, monolithic systems on which those business processes have to run.
- by the way，too casual; honestly speaking;
- speaking of which,正好说到这，说的话题和之前讲的相关，介于formal和informal之间，可以用于口语和书面，但不用于letter，更加口语; For example: A: We are running tight on time. B: Speaking of which, let’s get our meeting started.
- Since we are on that/the subject. since you brought that up:既然你提到了这个。more formal。
- with that （said）, 用法when you’re giving a speech, if you’d like to introduce the next segment or next speaker or when you’re wrapping things up. For example: With that, let’s welcome Adam to the stage.
- on that note, 结尾的时候用。on that note, let’s wrap up today’s show.
- in terms of 说到（经常用于工作中，谈工资，谈合同的时候常用），in terms of salary and benefits, what would you be comfortable with?
- when it comes to（经常涉及到技能，知识） + food, Diana is the most knowledgeable one. He is a good date, but when it comes to marriage, he is just not the one.
- that said/ that being said(更委婉，更正式) 不过，但是： I love his movies. that said, I didn’t really like the newest one.
E段和G段review：deceptively simple; meticulously composed; radically changes the way we view it.; intricate/intricacy; fractals; motifs; belief信念，信仰;
H段：’intrigue n.v./in’triguing adj.; intrigue sb使某人感兴趣。The royal palace was full of intrigue. Fairy tales can intrigue most children. mirror neurons 反射神经元; neuro-前缀，神经; mimic n.v.adj.; hypothesis; longevity n.; shape v.3 give shape to sth表达观点; linger;
I段：taste 熟词僻义，体验 a short experience of sth. these studies probably only a taste of what is to come; appreciation; underestimate-estimate; decode;
text visualization: Text mining: Text mining tries to find statistical patterns through analyzing of a corpus which contains a huge amount of texts that is readable to machines.
Text visualization is one of the most important tools for text mining due to its readability to both human and machines.