Art（包括雕塑、绘画、音乐等的） 艺术。中文里所说的素描，对应的其实应该是drawing。sketch只是勾勒轮廓的草图，大致相当于我们说的速写图。painting翻译成油画也是不完全准确的，它的范围要大得多。painting不仅仅是指油画（oil painting），所有用颜料的画都是。Today’s the quality of products and services, tomorrow’s prosperity and development of the market!
Are you good at art?
me: – no, absolutely not although Art is a really vast subject. I have tried to learn some basic skill about drawing during my teen years, but I parents didn’t agree with me. They thought I should focus on my studies rather than drawing.
- Art is a really vast subject, I believe and if it is about drawing things here and there, I would say I am pretty fine with it. But, I am surely not one of those who can go on to make some masterpieces.
- I think I am good at, all thanks to the art classes that I attended during my teen years. They were a great help during my growing years and taught me a lot of creativity. Now, I can easily draw simple day to day things like a pen or a face.
Did you learn art at school when you were a child?
me: Yes. we did have a drawing class in primary school and we were taught lots of basic skills about drawing. But we don’t have any art classes after secondary school except art schools.
- Yes. We did have an arts subject during our school days and we were taught a lot of basic things like how to colour, shade or different kinds of paintings.
- No, I did not. In our school, there was a choice between arts and music and I opted music.
What kind of art do you like?
– Actually, I don’t know as I don’t have much basic knowledge about art. For me, art is just a noun, I don’t have special feelings about it.
- I love sketching human faces. I really am fascinated by the different moods a face can easily depict. There is a lot that can be said with a human face.
- I like sketching natural things, the ones that are very near to nature. It could be mountains or rivers or the trees, anything that is near to nature.
Is art popular in your country?
– I would say art is important for those who have a passion for it. but when it comes down to choosing art as a career it isn’t a very popular choice unless you are an expert at it. People would prefer to chase their art goals just as a hobby.
- I would say, art surely does get importance as people really like to see great artwork but when it comes down to choosing arts as a career it is not a very popular choice among people. They prefer pursuing their art goals as a mere/mɪər/ hobby.
- Arts is truly respected in my country. People who can draw well are surely in demand in fields like army, police and country development. Recently, our prime minister hired twenty great artists of our country to create designs that will be painted on the walls of areas which are not very developed. He has the vision to ensure that everyone lives in a nice livelihood.
Have you ever been to an art gallery?
– Yes, I have. Last time I went to the Picasso gallery in Paris. I am not particularly an art fan. But you know, some galleries are very famous all over the world. So, I would visit them sometimes.
- I am not particularly an art fan. So, I have never visited any art gallery, although I do like watching the paintings made by my friends.
- Oh! I have gone there so many times. I love them. It is so much fun to see people portray /pɔːˈtreɪ/ so much on a single canvas /ˈkæn.vəs/
Do you think children can benefit from going to art galleries?
- I think definitely yes. Art is that part of our lives that brings out the creative side of ours. If children go and visit art galleries, they might be able to understand things better and maybe feel motivated to draw things and explore their creative side.
- I don’t think children will be very much benefited by just going to an art gallery. It is very important for them to understand what is being shown, what is the meaning, how it has been made and why is art important. It is only when they understand the answers to the questions, it makes sense to make children visit an art gallery.
What kinds of photographs /ˈfəʊ.tə.ɡrɑːf/ do you like looking at?
I have never thought about this question seriously cause I don’t have expertise /ˌek.spɜːˈtiːz// some basic knowledge of photography [fə’tɒɡrəfi]. I can only say that I like wildlife and animation photographs.
Do you like painting or drawing?
At first, I can’t paint. If I had a change to learn paint in the future, I’d love to spend my time and energy in painting cause I really want to draw some characters of my favorite animation.
spend time in doing sth;
Do you think it’s im’portant for children to learn to play a musical instrument?
develop/cultivate other hobbies. millions of choices[C or U]; force sb to do sth; musical instrument;
Hum, I don’t think so. If my child has an interest in musical instrument, I’ll encourage him to do that. But there always have millions of choices, like swimming, painting. I won’t force him to learn a musical instrument just because it’s cool.