Describe something you learned in a place or from someone
You should say:
What it was
Where or who you got it; the quality of not giving up.
What the situation was
How you felt
Something I learned from someone was about some basic Vietnamese from a teacher of mine named Ellen who is a very professional language teacher trainer in the U.S.
Last year I got some training in language teaching from a certified professional trainer in Cambridge. One day morning in Sept., she gave us a language course about Vietnamese in Vietnamese which we didn’t have any knowledge about. Plus, she was very strict with us in terms of learning. So, I even got butterflies in my stomach and worried that I might not pick up anything about it because you know how hard it is for a beginner or even a learner with zero foundation to learn how to blurt out a sentence.
However, what happened next made us just can’t believe it’s real. Under some guidance using some gestures and facial expressions together with some realia, we managed to say some greetings and personal information in Vietnamese.
I felt it was one of the most memorable periods last time. Because you would imagine how magical it is when you had been able to pick up some Vietnamese in the class where only lessons taught in Vietnamese!
Since then on, She just became my role model in language teaching. I hope I could one day make a difference at least in my own little circle.
Describe a popular person
You should say:
Who the person is
What kind of person he or she is
Why you think this person is popular
How this person influences the public; he does have a great power to encourage people for them to overcome their difficulties.
Describe a famous person that you are interested in:
who this person is : Jack Ma;
how you know about this person: one of the richest people in Asia
what sort of life they had before they became famous
how this person became famous and explain why you like this person
Describe a business person you admire
You should say: the business person that.. is ..
Who is this person; he is so famous that I guess most people would know him.
what is his/her business
Why you admire this person
- Jack Ma. the chairman and CEO of Alibaba Group. He built the first Chinese Internet-based company. He is currently one of the richest people in Asia.
- Before … he was an English teacher. Ma started to study English at a young age and practised English daily by conversing/ talking with English-speakers
- good communication skills. strong leadership and initiative. the Foresight about information technology.
- In 1994, Ma heard about the Internet. He is the first person who introduced the website to China. In 1999, he found Alibaba, which turns to be a huge success.
- a great publish speaker, motivate me. feel motivated. Jack Ma applied for 30 different jobs and got rejection by all. his harsh days; not give up; He also improved the global e-commerce system, like Alipay and Taobao website. It greatly improves our life convenience that we don’t need to go out with cash
- He has a great power to refresh my mind, and keep me moving forward, and stimulates my encouragement to get things done.